View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 06:11 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Assuming the images are what is causing this HUGE file size:
I just need to ask - Those are all unique images, correct?? You'd be surprised how many times I've seen the same image duplicated multiple times because it is used multiple times in the ePub...

The next thing I would check is the resolution and size of the images. They don't really need to be super high resolution 3000x5000 images in an ePub. If they are artwork or some such then you could always have a link to a website with the higher resolution images if the reader wanted to see them.

I tend to keep the cover images (which are usually the highest resolution image in the book) to abt 500kb 1300x2200 or less.

If it is NOT (just) the image size - I would make sure you subset any fonts and clean any code bloat from the html pages. Oh...and get rid of any unused styles in the CSS. (there's a plugin for that)

Even when I have ePubs with a lot of images, I usually can get the total filesize to 1.5mb or less.

Last edited by Turtle91; 12-02-2022 at 06:17 PM.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote