View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 06:09 AM   #22
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
According to modern medical science, EVERYONE has a problem with the colour of the light. Screens that emit Blue Light damage sleep patterns. Most people don't realise this, they don't attribute loss of energy, tiredness, difficulty falling and staying asleep with screens.
Screens that are set very brightly and used for long periods of time cause problems, yes. The oft-cited "Ebooks will kill your sleep!" study had subjects reading a iPad on full brightness for two hours to come up with a very modest effect on sleep. I can't imagine reading on an iPad in full brightness indoors for a minute or two, let alone two hours - that's an enormous dose of light compared to a well-adjusted eink reader.

I like my H2O2 adjustable temperature light aesthetically, but I'm not convinced it has made any difference at all to my sleep.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote