View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 12:36 PM   #46
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
Please note that Plato relies on /tmp/nickel-hardware-status for knowing when the USB cable is plugged. KSM changes /usr/local/Kobo/udev/plug and prevents it from writing to the aforementioned FIFO. I'll suggest a different approach to tshering when he returns.
I think I will simply replace
Code:
[ "$(pidof nickel | wc -w)" == "0" ] && exit
by
Code:
[ "$(pidof nickel | wc -w)" == "0" ] || [ "$(pidof plato | wc -w)" == "0" ] && exit
in plug. What do you think?
Should I tread plato the same way as nickel in /usr/local/Kobo/udev/sd too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
I forgot to mention that the wifi-{enable,disable}.sh scripts won't work when Plato is launched via KSM: the required environment variables are defined late in rcS and KSM starts early.
Actually these variables are available when KSM is running. Your script does work, when on inserts " sleep 2" after
Code:
insmod "$WIFI_MODULE_PATH"
As for plato.sh, if you run "./nickel.sh &" only if nickel was running before you launched plato, KSM could simply call this plato.sh. Then I would not need to change my calling script each time you change plato.sh.

Last edited by tshering; 01-03-2018 at 08:12 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote