View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 11:15 AM   #9
donoharm
donoharm doesn't litterdonoharm doesn't litterdonoharm doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW1 - jailbroken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
It could have been a dead battery. Somebody was speculating that they use old / reject components for these e-readers, but I saw no proof of that.

One thing to try is to look at what processes are eating the battery. Android on e-readers can come with the processes for a phone still active. I can't remember the names of the process. You'll see them under battery use statistics. There's a couple of them and they suck the battery. Basically, the e-reader is trying to call to a cellphone network! You need to identify these processes and remove / rename them.

This was the case on the Nook ST. Boyoue should have removed these processes out-of-the-box, but it's worth a check.

Anyway, that would explain the battery drain. Though it might just be a dead battery.
Maybe that's true (probably do use reject components) but I can also state with certainty that According to Banggood.com customer service, "this behavior normal for Android device". Also, the software was horrible. Even in English mode, there were tons of apps that stayed in mandarin and I had no idea what they did.

I just spent $60 to ship the ereader back to China, but it's honestly worth it because I'm keeping this POS out of the American market.
donoharm is offline   Reply With Quote