View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #1
donoharm
donoharm doesn't litterdonoharm doesn't litterdonoharm doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW1 - jailbroken
Beware of the Boyue T61!

Hello internet,

I just wanted to share my experience owning a Boyue T61 after I bought it from Banggood.com. I'm not sure if this also applies to the Icarus Illumina or not. The hardware is the same, but obviously the company is different...

I was so hopeful about the promise of this open ereader. I eagerly bought my Boyue T61 since on paper the specs seemed to be better than the Kobo or Kindle. Sadly, my Boyue T61 ended up only lasting for a day before running out of battery even though I wasn't even using the device or reading a book. After requesting to return it, banggood.com had the audacity to suggest that this is "normal for android" and denied my return. Luckily, I had used paypal to pay for the item and Paypal authorized a return under their buyer protection guarantee. For those who are considering purchasing this device, I'd strongly recommend not to buy based on my experience. For those who are in a similar situation to me, I'd recommend you just call your credit card company or Paypal to facilitate the return.
donoharm is offline   Reply With Quote