View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 05:11 AM   #55
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
After having thought some more on The American Senator..
All in all: I read most of Trollope's books in my youth and I enjoyed reading The American Senator now. Trollope is, without doubt, a good writer.
I liked all the different views/opinions on the book in this thread as well.

Often the comparison of one writer to the other is a bit like comparing 'apples to pears'. But, having read what I've read over the years, I must say that I prefer writers as Thackeray and Austen to Trollope. Trollope seems a bit of a light weight next to them.
I feel Dickens to be of another calibre; for me he is the most social minded of the lot.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote