View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #33
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Surfing the internet with the EBW1150 - a caution...

I recently put my EBW1150 through a more exhaustive surf of the internet and found out it was not really up to the task of 'general' surfing; primarily due to it's more limited (available) internal memory.

The following is information I was given by ETI when I had asked about the EBW1150's (in)ability to display large .imp ebooks. Garth Conboy's response was:
Quote:
The ETI-1 (REB1200) has 8MB of RAM and it's all used for "data" -- the operating system reader application runs out of NOR flash.

The ETI-2 (EBW1150) is hugely memory constrained -- it has 4MB of RAM and that must be used for both code and data. So, when this device "exhausts an internal resource" it running out of RAM (heap space).

So the capacity of the ETI-2 to handle huge titles is certainly lower than that of the ETI-1.
I think we hit that "wall" way too soon when surfing the internet with the EBW1150 and it leads, all too often, to a "crash".

The ability to surf the internet is handled much better on the REB1200, primarily, I think, due to the internal memory differences noted above.

In conclusion, we must be careful how the EBW1150 is used to surf the internet and may have to limit ourselves to smaller, PDA-friendly pages.

Anyone else experience any different?

p.s. I'm afraid my EBW1150 also could not handle internet hyperlinks within a .imp ebook loaded into the reader; unlike the REB1200 which can.

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-01-2008 at 08:36 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote