View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #153
smartgenes
smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 3
Trouble Chute

Quote:
did you try PATH=$PATH:/mnt/us/usr/bin rungame
--no I'm new at this malarky, and I don't understand what that does or why I would be doing stuff at usr/bin in this case..
From what I understand I create the .ini file in the launchpad folder, which has within it:
!/mnt/us/fbgnuboy/rungame

So, it points to rungame - is this just a file we create in the relevant directory, and does it need a .sh extension?

There were 2 different scripts, do we need both of them called gnuboy.sh and one called rungame, or should everything be in one script (as I can't understand if there is meant to be two, how the second script is coming into play)

Presumably eips -g ./gb-flash.jpg does not need a path change as it already changes dir to the correct place.

What the stuff does only matters to me as I'm trying to understand where scripts should be as clearly I'm not doing it right... :-)

I wondered if HOME=/tmp would alter the cd /mnt/us/fbgnuboy so that ./fbgnuboy wouldn't run? I don't understand how that command works, though I understand it is there because of Gameboy requiring to write (plus whatever reasons relate to the custom modding link you sent).

Or maybe the prolem is because I'm saving the script in Notepad and not in Linux??

Anyway thanks for all the help, it's a learning curve..

edit: do I have to make the file gnuboy.log in advance?

Last edited by smartgenes; 11-24-2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: gnuboy.log
smartgenes is offline   Reply With Quote