View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #151
smartgenes
smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.smartgenes got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 3
Noob's Room

Launchpad method still not working for me, can you explain what my misunderstandings of the process are. I am thinking:

The gnuboy.ini is launched by Shift & G B (because of the gnuboy.ini script) This launches the file rungame. (well, not in my case as I just get a fail message and no log...)

rungame - 1. actions a command bin/sh (which I don't understand, amongst other things of course) then gets picture from usr/bin/pictures (does the picture have to reside here? Anyway I used mv to put it there) 2. create/writes a gnuboy log (I assume if the process fails)

(or is rungame also meant to be a .sh or have to be in launchpad folder? -- or am I meant to replace "rungame" with "fbgnuboy" in the text of the script?)

gnuboy.sh - 1. seems to do some sort of input detection 2. opens list of roms 3. sets home as tmp (I don't understand why or how this works, but understand that it is to avoid having to mntroot rw which is how I was circumventing Gameboy's desire to write to the file)
4. writes gnuboy.log if process fails

--where is gnuboy.sh supposed to be and how does it relate to the other 2 scripts?
smartgenes is offline   Reply With Quote