View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #1210
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZImmortal View Post
I suspect that Amazon only brought back the offers temporarily during this launch period to dispel the idea that all of the "special offers" are just ads (like you pointed out) so that people might buy them for the special offers, and that the offers will die off in a month or two and won't come back until it's time to launch new Kindles. I also fear that the new offers as a whole won't be as good as the old offers. I certainly hope that I'm wrong about both of these because the old offers were good.
There were some fantastic deals on the old ones (paid for every Kindle in my account, essentially). On the other hand, fraud was rife - people were selling the coupon codes on the internet, for a while (until they started locking codes to accounts).

Bypassing the need to get a code then apply is a good idea (for them and the consumer both -- you don't lose the email and they drop support calls). However, you also don't get any notice in email with the offer or the value of the credit (which is harder to check on from the Fire itself, for most people) and you don't then have that email as a reminder - you have to remember to keep up with the document they deliver to that particular kindle, which has the end date on the offers.

Btw, today's goldbox deal is a lot of $3.99+ albums....
koland is offline   Reply With Quote