View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Calibre E-Book Viewer and ADE render ePub TD font-size differently

I have noticed that the font-size that calibre's book viewer uses to render TD elements is different to that used by ADE. After a bit of testing it appears that ADE mutlipies the BODY font-size and the TD font-size together to generate the actual font-size for rendering, whereas calibre viewer simply uses the font-size defined in the style for TD.

Example:

body { font-size:1.5em }
td { font-size:1.5em }

Calibre viewer renders TD elements at 1.5em, ADE renders at 2.25em.

So, is one of these right and the other wrong, or do different readers vary in their approach. I have only been able to test calibre reader and Sony, (ADE), and I would like to make ePubs which display consistently on different readers.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote