View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 02:48 AM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Calibre is free (even though donations are requested) so it can't hurt to give it a serious workout to see what all it can do for you. Believe me, if I could find a better program than calibre (free or otherwise), I would be all over it like stink on skunk. Hasn't happened yet (and I do look; I checked out the ones mentioned in this thread). Kovid is young so he is not likely to retire anytime soon, abandoning the program, but even if he did, there are enough people who have been involved in the development, someone is bound to pick up the ball and run with it.
As with you, I've looked and looked and looked again for a tool that will help me organize my books. But I still haven't found it. I don't like Calibre, because it doesn't do the most important function (or rather, what I find the most important function): some sort of folder-like structure.

I do have an application, BookLibrary from WenSoftware. It's not free. I've been using it for a long time, for my paper books. With some tweaking, I managed to make it so that it'll work on my ebooks as well. It's not perfect, but it does the job better for me than Calibre does.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote