View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #24
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I think $.99 is reasonable for assemblying the book, formating it, uploading it to apples servers. That's not really bad. Amazon sells Pride and Prejudice for Kindle for about $.25 - $3.00.

BOb
Yes, but then I don't generally purchase books in the public domain. And, the article makes it sound as if the 99 cent price will apply to all books, such that it is a better deal than can be found at Amazon or at another bookstore.

So, if Amazon has the public domain book at say .... 25 cents, then that would make it a better deal than the Apple version. And, if that same PD book is here for free ... that makes it a really great deal.

My thought is that the article is maybe just a bit biased ... more like an advertisement than an article.

However, the iPhone is not my thing ... touch screens can be nice, but they get grungy way too quickly. Heck ... my sunglasses are almost opaque with smudges and goop at the end of the day, and I'm trying hard NOT to touch them.

But, for people who like touch screens, and don't want to tote around a regular ebook reader, it may be just perfect. I just wish the article had been a bit less evangalistic in the review.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote