View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 06:17 PM   #18
pmcnz
Enthusiast
pmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned offpmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned offpmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned offpmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned offpmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned offpmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned offpmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned offpmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned offpmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned offpmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned offpmcnz can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: PRS-650, Kindle DXG
Proposal: Sony PRS 650 can still be "up to date"

Hi,
I'll put forward the view that a Sony PRS 650 can still be a "current" ereader.
I thought my reliable PRS650 was lacking in functionality when I compared it to the Kobo Aura HD.
I checked out and then installed the latest version of PRSplus+ software on it. This was great as I could now get the Aura HD functionality I liked on the PRS650 :
* Modify line spacing to a fine degree
* Have a greater number of text sizes between smallest and largest
* Modify the page margins

I could already load in the fonts of my choice but I also searched for and installed the American Print House for the partially sighted font so now the PRS650 is very easy to read (as I'm over 60 and my eyesight is tired).
The only catch is that the documentation for PRSplus+ is not very clear or detailed, so configuring the above functions required some experimentation.

Cheers
Paul
pmcnz is offline   Reply With Quote