View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #1690
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
^^ Thank you, Allen. That came just at the right time. Started with Ghost Story recently - not very far into it. Harry still getting introduced to what is different in this book. The person that suggested to me to give Dresden Files a try did not really like Ghost Story for these reasons:
Spoiler:
  • missing interaction
  • missing ability to influence
  • limited magic
I don't think that is quite fair. If the story would have went on without that unfortunate mishap at the end of Changes, there is not really much room for improvement. Something had to happen to slow things down and show us a Harry that is completely new and fresh. I rather like that he faces new challenges and that he has to investigate
Spoiler:
his own death, but not for him, only for others ...

Jim does this playing with emotions well

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 02-18-2013 at 10:19 PM. Reason: typo
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote