View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #80
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Me too
Some Andrew sent me a "sorry you are having problems with your Kindle" message yesterday, so I answered and asked him if he was the same Andrew who put me on hold for 15 to 20 minutes after I had already been talking to his team member for 40 minutes. I said that if indeed, he was the same Andrew, I wanted him to know how little helpful he was and that I ended up having to talk to more reps, since my phone battery died after 60 minutes on the phone with them, so it was a total waste of an hour on both our ends. I was angry, can you tell?
I got an automated reply back that my email did not reach its recipient because I cannot write to them directly.
However, Andrew answered today! He said he had never talked to me before and that he would like to assist me, but he especially wanted to know if he can cancel my other PW order that is supposed to ship 10/29.
So, I wrote a rather lenghty email asking him to help me get two good units. I explained what was wrong with the ones I got, and that I wanted two from the batch that the tech blog reviewers received, since that batch had obviously had gotten much better QC. And I CC'd Jeff at amazon dotcom.

I don't have a lot of hope and imagine Jeff receives tens of thousands of emails a day, so he will probably never even see it
I just want two good devices with an even background when the light is used, no holes in the screens,no articfacts below the screens, and no blinding bright light spots in the middle of the screen. That's all I want.
To me that sounds like they are getting tired of shipping a lot of PWs to you. I've never heard this happening with Kindle orders, but I seem to recall way back before Amazon even had Kindles that people who sent back a lot of orders would have their accounts frozen or closed. There was a lot of bad press over this and I think Amazon stopped the practice. Now that was 10 years ago or so, but it is one reason I decided not to try for a 4th or 10th PW. There are probably some people within Amazon who realize there is a major QC problem with the PW and know that some customers might need to try several units before getting an acceptable one. But Amazon is huge and huge companies often don't have good interdepartmental communications. So it is possible that the department that investigates a consumer who returns a lot of items might not have a clue as to this PW issue.