View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #8
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneT View Post
Thank you for those replies...
@jocampo: I should have mentioned that the device should be able to handle DRM-protected ePub, since my primary language is Dutch, and I do want to be able to read Dutch books. Only Bol.com has already 7000+ Dutch titles, including very recent ones. (And there are several more publishers of ebooks on the Dutch market.)

As you say: I will buy an e-reader based on the kind of books (which includes Dutch ones ;-)!) I read...
And besides the languages of the books... It simply doesn't feel good to me to have an ereader that doesn't give me the choice which store to buy from, but that's something very personal of course...

So I'll keep informing myself about the two devices I already thought about...
If you checked that particular online bookstore and/or is the one that you would like to use, getting a reader which uses the same format makes complete sense.

But I would like to clarify something and it's that Kindle does not dictate from which store you can buy or choose from. Like I said, as long as the book is DRM free, you can buy and use mobi books directly or any DRM free ePub via Calibre conversion. I actually own and have books that I did not buy on Amazon. Granted, is easier to buy a book which comes on the native format, but Kindle users do not need to buy from Amazon only.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote