View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 12:36 AM   #6
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
My boss would like and has asked me to help her set it up. She wants me to load some books and 'get everything ready' so she can use it at once. I am worried, however, because the Kobo seems to REQUIRE a software re-install before use. I don't wan to install a bunch of stuff and then have the Kobo erase it when she installs the desktop software. So here is what I am thinking MIGHT work---can anyone clarify for me whether this is the best plan?

1) Run the software update on the Kobo off my computer. When prompted, set up an account for her as a new user (hopefully it will let me do this without putting in a credit card)

2) Side-load whatever content I want to side-load

3) When she gets the Kobo, have her download the software so she can use the Kobo store but since the device has already been set up, it hopefully will not erase the Kobo...

The alternative would be to let her run the setup at home and give her the side-loaded books on a memory card, but I worry she will have trouble getting them off the memory card (I'll want the memory card back) and onto the reader since she is not computer-savvy. My preference would be that as long as the Kobo has already had the firmware upgraded, I can side-load onto it and future use of the desktop software on her own machine will not erase it, but I would love it if someone could confirm this for me.
just follow the instructions and download the kobo desktop from the site it recoomeneds. www.kobosetup.com
you should be fin.

btw dont forget to show her the soduko game on the Kobo Touch

Last edited by jackastor; 06-14-2011 at 04:09 PM.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote