View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 06:08 PM   #52
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
Thumbs up A wonderful way to explain it, thanks !

I salute you Murraypaul, you have said this so wonderfully!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Insurance is a good idea if the cost of replacement would be difficult to come by, or cause personal hardship. This will obviously be a different price point for different people. For me it is house and car, but not iPad or washing machine, for example.
If you can afford to replace an item if it breaks, it will be cheaper long term not to buy the insurance.
I think the quibble is not with whether it is a good choice for you personally, but whether it is suitable advice to give to everyone else, whose circumstances may well be different to yours.
I have tried to be very clear about the personal nature of such a decision, as well as that this idea has worked very well for ME in MY situation.
The only other point I have tried to make is regarding value vs. maturity of tech vs. warranty. But I think you have summed it up better than I have.

Again, to be very clear:
Quote:
I don't think people have been intending to be quite as nasty as you seem to have taken their posts.
I do not get emotionally involved with words on a screen; but if I see someone being very negative or flaming or bashing I do call 'em as I see 'em and like anyone, I can be mistaken too.

Thanks for your wonderful post, and Best Wishes.

mark
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote