View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #93
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
A very worthy thread. Kudos to Ninjalawyer; a nod to his sardonic style also.

If I were king (and I really should be) I would decree that copyright lasts 50 years. Just prior to the end of that period, the owner can apply for a 50 year renewal. At this point the LoC (or some such other entity) will hold a public auction for the work. After the winning bidder escrows his funds, the original owner has the right to repurchase the rights for 1/2 the bid price (or some other fraction as my whimsical and kingly whim dictates) . If the original owner declines, the new owner takes possession.

Proceeds go to me, the king. Or to the public library system. Whatever.
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote