View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #114
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmanville View Post
I too am waiting for the 8" or 9.7" device. Based on lots of googling & you-tubing, my understanding (from last updates I could find, about 45 days ago), is that the 8" unit went from "out in a couple months" to "postponed indefinitely" (canceled?) and the 9.7" unit ETA has remained "around June."

My fear is that, once we get withing two months of June, we will suddenly learn the 9.7" unit will go from "coming soon" to "probably never coming" too. Can anyone give me any assurance this won't happen? I'd like to -- and am able to -- wait til June, or even July or August, for this device, but ... I'm not sure I can justify bothering, given what happened with the 8" unit. In other words, I'm not gonna wait if I don't have a lot of confidence it will actually show this summer.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.
I played the waiting game for about 6 months. Then I decided to get a Nook and give it to my wife or sell it on eBay when something better comes out. That was about a month ago. Now, I have fallen in love with my Nook. Just sayin'.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote