View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 08:58 AM   #11
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I'm curious if font choice makes any difference in the perception of sharpness. I have a Kindle so I only have the one font but I've read a couple .tpz books with embedded fonts and it seemed to me that they were not as crisp
TOPAZ embedded fonts are a bad example, because they don't seem to be anti-aliased and are often awful.

The font choice does make a difference, and I tend to go for a heavier (bolder) font on EInk than on a LCD screen. When available, it is worth trying the "always bold" option (not available on the Kindle unfortunately).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote