View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 01:36 AM   #8
barutanseijin
Nxfgrrjks
barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: aura hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0rsuk View Post
I'm asking for a long book like War and Peace (does anyone have a better idea ?) to have a sample of significant size. "I can eat glass..." is such a tiny sample.

I forgot about ideograms and Japanese. To level the playing field, we would have to compare with Japanese written using roman alphabet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanization_of_Japanese

Romanized Japanese is not perfect, but I'm not looking for a perfect solution.
Only no one uses romanised Japanese outside of bilingual signs & textbooks. It's really hard to read. Besides, what's the point of levelling the playing field if we're trying to find which language takes up more space?

There's Chinese, too. It's probably at least as efficient as Japanese if written in characters rather than pinyin.
barutanseijin is offline   Reply With Quote