View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Screwball - unless I'm reading you wrong (which is entirely possible), are you saying you can edit the metadata on a .mobi book in calibre, then save the book with the added cover etc. without having to run it through Calibre's conversion process? I thought you had to run an ebook through calibre's conversion process to get (say) the cover included in the file.
Gary - with regard to calibre, you would have to use the 'Save to disk' function (and possible re-import that version into calibre) or you could do a mobi->mobi conversion. Both will update the ebook file with edited metadata. But I can't verify that either of those options will properly set the start point to the cover page (it very well could... I just don't know).
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote