View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Covered in another thread:
  • More file format support; specifically, doc/rtf/html: easily-editable formats. It's a nuisance to edit epubs.
  • Buttons, not touchscreens. Or in addition to touchscreens. I don't like having to smear the reading surface.
  • Multiple types of bookmarks, even if they're just checkmark/dot/star--the equivalent of color-coded post-it flags.
  • Better annotation/highlight support. Exportable as csv file.
  • Ability to flag 2 (or more) books as "open right now" to switch back and forth between them easily.
  • Side-by-side view of those two books, even if that means landscaped and only a few lines at a time.
  • Better image zoom, including auto-captioning with the image filename and dimensions. (so when you hit zoom, it'd add "map01.jpg, 450x235" underneath it. You'd know whether it was worth trying to zoom.)
  • Easy access to the book's metadata while reading it. (Quality of metadata depends on the publisher.)
  • User-Replaceable battery.
  • Solar charger.
  • Tags/groups/folders editable from within the device itself
  • Ability to see lists of both "all ebooks on this device," sorted various ways (title, author, date added, date last accessed, word count, filesize, possibly user-created rating), and subgroups--folders or tags.
I don't want a 9" screen. I prefer a 5" screen; although I can easily see the use for a larger screen, I'd much prefer better image/zoom support. I like a pocket reader; bigger than a 6" screen is a real nuisance for me.

If they ever figure out how to have a two-screen display that folds in half, that'd be great. Until then, I want small screens.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote