View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 05:30 PM   #23
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I wasn't saying that someone has to have prime and do acknowledge that people can shop at Amazon without it but it is a fact that members of prime get some perks that the rest of us don't get. And if they raise the price even more than that option will be even more closed off to those of us who can't afford it. And to me that smacks of discrimination. i.e. if you have the $$ you can get this in addition to what everyone else can get. If you don't have the $$ then you don't get these extras. There is a difference between being able to choose if you want something and being prevented from being able to get it because the price is higher than you are able to afford.
They are not perks, they are a service you pay for. You pay for 2 day shipping and recently its also the streaming and two books a month (one loan with a kindle, one own with kindle first reads).

And to be honest, if you can't afford the price of prime than how can one afford to order all the products that get send in 2 days.

Considering how customer centric Amazon is and how they value their prime customers, I don't think they are just going to raise the price $40 in one swoop.
They will try find a way first with other logistics first before raising the price. And if they do, I have faith that they will sweeten the pot.

Considering that they haven't raised the price on it yet in all this time yet keep adding features to the service, they have always shown to be for the customer first.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote