View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 11:58 PM   #70
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
I think it may have to do with the following message in the kindlegen output:
Info(prcgen):I1052: Kindle support cover images but does not support cover HTML. Hence using the cover image specified and suppressing cover HTML in content. URL: C:\Users\hwlester\AppData\Local\Temp\mbp_7DD_5_10_ 15_1E_2B_37_16A4_1AC_1\OEBPS\1-cover.xhtml

I added '<reference href="cover.jpg" title="cover" type="cover"/>' in the guide section of the OPF file since it didn't have one, but that didn't seem to help. I suspect some tweaking of the EPUB will produce a cover image on the personal document, but would like for someone who does this to confirm since I'm new to the Kindle.
Not sure what format you are going for here HTML, Epub, or one of the
Kindle formats.

I have used calibre to turn personal text files into epub ebooks with covers
I created in Gimp2. The Metadata editor in calibre allows you to add your
own cover as well.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote