View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #21549
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Having grown up with the TV series, when I was 23 I rode Rt.66 from St. Louis to L.A. (We skipped the Chicago to St.Louis section figuring it to be too developed.) We didn't have the same sort of adventures that Martin Milner and George Maharis had, but it was a great ride... despite getting thrown in jail in Tucumcar, New Mexico for a couple of hours until the Judge could be found to fine us for supposedly speeding.

Sometimes Grandmothers can take all the joy out of things... How else do you get rid of cockroaches on the wall?

Stitchawl
haha! that's where my Dad was born! TucumcarI! and my Grandfather did all of the New Mexico stretch. he and my Grandmother met as she would drive Mule Teams in the summer when she wasn't in college, her father had the contract to run all of the mule teams
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote