Thread: PRS-650 My 650 impressions
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 07:52 PM   #11
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I have had an issue with covers, only on non-DRM books and mostly on my Kindle mobi files. Try a conversion in calibre from EPUB to EPUB. If that doesn't work then try EPUB to MOBI back to EPUB. I don't know why that makes the covers stick, but I have seen it recommended in several posts and it fixed the issues for me.

To the OP, I find the new models to be much more stable than my 505. The only issue I have had was a bad EPUB file that put my 950 in continual reboot until I removed it. I could read the file ok in calibre, but it crashed the Sony Reader Library software too. Do you think you might have any bad LRFs? Can you try removing your files and then reload a few at a time? Also after I load files, I go into each collection, list the books in cover view, and then scroll through each page to let the thumbnails refresh from small to large images. I have read others say that it helps speed up the loading / indexing process in the background.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote