View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #31
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Excellent! The features are now completely accessible on my touchless 902, and the app is totally useable. I have some very minor complaints, though. The very outside pixels on the screen are hidden under the bezel, so some of the content disappears when margin cropping is turned on (especially true when the bookmark list is disabled). Would it be possible to add some margins to the display itself to make sure that all the content stays within view? I also get a lot of ghosting in the display, I guess because PartialUpdate() is always called. Many apps provide an option to do a FullUpdate() after N updates to clean the screen. The main device configuration allows someone to set what the value of N is, and you could get that from the Global configuration settings and choose whether to do Full/Partial Update based on that number. This way, you wouldn't need to add any UI code to handle the choice of N.

Edit: Let me add some code to show how it might be done:

Code:
iconfig *gcfg = GetGlobalConfig();
int N = ReadInt(gcfg, "invertupdate", 10);
In this case, "10" is the default in case invertupdate isn't set in the /mnt/ext1/config/global.cfg file (very unlikely). Don't free gfcg afterwards, or things won't go so well with the program.

Last edited by rkomar; 04-14-2013 at 05:45 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote