View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 05:14 AM   #8
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
There are no data lines in a charge cable, I don't know why people keep claiming that it should be pretty obvious that most micro USB chargers for phones work with no issues.
My guess it will work fine as I can charge from my swiss charger battery the same way I imagine any universal type charger with the correct micro usb attachments will work.

I can also charge fine from apple chargers by using a charging cable with no data lines it's only when you use Sony's cable you have any problems.
I've had lots of troubles last year when I was on hollidays and tried to use 2 solar-chargers, a crank-charger and a battery-pack-charger for my PRS 350. I used the original Sony-USB-cable and mentioned chargers. No chance.

That was nearly a desaster because I have been on an very small uninhabitated island in the middle of nowhere. Of course without electricity. After less then one week the reader run out of power and no charger was working. Swinging in a hammock between palmtrees reading an ebook was a central part of the plan.

Reason as I found out in the end back home have been the not short connected data-lines. So no - not every charger with micro-USB-connector will work out of the box. Wall-chargers in my experience have a great chance to work.

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote