View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 01:53 PM   #27
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
It strikes me that this is a move in the direction of -- instead of having DRM-free books available for any device, there will be Amazon DRM-ed books readable on any device.... put your software on everything, or make it run on everything, and let consumers buy their way into your kingdom.
Bezos said months ago that the plan is for both the Kindle hardware and ebook sales to be separately profitable, rather than have one subsidize the other. The big surprise to me is how long it's taking them to knock out the PC app....

Keep in mind that Amazon did go to DRM-free music sales before Apple did (though long after eMusic). I don't expect them to drop DRM for ebooks any time soon, but I wouldn't rule it out -- ultimately it will be up to the publishers though.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote