View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 06:10 AM   #15
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by thibaulthalpern View Post
You can always specify what paper size you want to print to PDF as. You can make it as big or as small as your program allows. You can print it as 11 inches x 17 inches, or 4 inches by 2 inches etc.

And commercially available digital books in PDF format (which is what I'm referring to) is not usually done in 8.5 x 11 or A4 size because books don't generally appear in that size paper. They're SMALLER than that.
most pdfs that I have encountered are 8.5x11 or similar in size, especially things for school, or work, or magazines.

books distibuted in pdf might be slightly different, but the only case I had with it it was 8.5x11 as well

butt I usually avoid them like the plague, ones made for the reader look beautiful though, but reflow was still kinda crappy.

I never said pdfs couldn't be other sizes. but I would say a vast majority are exactly that size.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote