View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 05:44 AM   #181
Hendrixxxxxxxx
Connoisseur
Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: Kindle DX, Paperwhite, Paperwhite II, and Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Thanks Zelda, that's indeed a nice trick. I'm now playing with it, and here's the same thing "cleaned-up" and with the elements made visible:

(Edited for space)

I think the css is self-explanatory, this keeps the settings specific to an image separated from the global ones. The max-widths are actually optional, but the widths (and height) are proportional to them (I guess that makes it impossible to use percent values, as then width and height proportions are not linked). I don't know if it would be possible to do something more self-contained, that allows an easier change of the image size...

Hi all,
I realise this thread is rather old, but I am just wondering if someone can tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

I read the various posts in this thread about this image (Alice talking to the Cheshire Cat) and wanted to replicate it myself, so followed the instructions to the letter (actually, copied and pasted both the css code into the style sheet, and the html code into the body, adjusting for the size of the image - mine is a gif, 342x480).
In fact, I tried all 3 versions detailed in this thread, and got the same (or at least they looked similar) results every time.....and that is, it looks perfect in Sigil (screenshot attached), but doesn't work in any of the e-book previewers I have (iBooks, ADE, and Kindle Previewer) or my Kindle Paperwhite - see attached screenshots. .

I am sure it is something I am not understanding and am doing wrong, but I have spent quite a few hours on it now, adjusting various things, and have not been able to get a different result.

I could paste the code in here, but it is simply a copy and paste of code earlier in this thread, and it seems to work OK in Sigil.

Does anyone have any idea where I should be looking please?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigil Preview.png
Views:	569
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	143848   Click image for larger version

Name:	ADE.png
Views:	568
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	143849   Click image for larger version

Name:	iBooks.png
Views:	561