View Single Post
Old 08-30-2021, 08:37 AM   #3214
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
What I don't like is the tendency in some cozies to feature an outlandish protagonist--a CIA assassin? Seriously? How is that cozy?
To be fair, I don't think anyone claimed this book was a cozy. I mentioned enjoying cozies just to make the point that I wasn't judging it against a Tom Clancy or Brad Thor thriller, and that I can enjoy a fictional "secret agent" ranging from George Smiley to James Bond to Mrs. Pollifax to Maxwell Smart. And though this does seem to have the trappings of cozy about it, the reviews I saw warned me that this was a bit darker than a cozy, which intrigued me.
The problem is it's neither fish nor fowl, and whatever critter it's trying to be seems badly seasoned and inedible.

OK, I've spilled more eink over it than it's worth.

I also recently finished Philip Margolin's "Executive Privilege," which I enjoyed, and recently started Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child's "Cabinet of Curiosities," which I'm enjoying. I'd never read anything by these authors before, so I'm excited to maybe have found some crime stuff to address my Harry Bosch withdrawal symptoms.

Last edited by ApK; 08-30-2021 at 08:41 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote