Thread: lv Serial Cable
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #11
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
My one ARMed Chatty Katie is getting a photo session of the pads around the lamp power connector today.
And a bit of probing with my $10 O'Scope (if it works, it was only $10).

Having a higher speed than 115,200 would be nice when re-writing a 4G flash drive.
But I agree with you, that is going to take some flow-control signals. If I can find them....
Writing flash images over serial is aided by the fact the YMODEM protocol checksums the packets and retries if missing or damaged bytes. u-boot also has kermit support, but yifanlu says that this is broken, so we should use YMODEM.

One time, on a tiny device, I had to suck a firmware image out over a blinking LED, because that was all that I could control. It took many days.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-29-2012 at 12:55 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote