View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 06:35 PM   #20
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I've been using ES Explorer for quite a while but I haven't had much luck connecting to my Windows 10 computers. It was the same with Windows 7 and 8.1. I do have an old XP computer on my network and I can connect to it reliably but to the others I can only connect every now and then, maybe 5% of the time or less.

I'm pretty sure it's because I don't know how to set up SMB properly in Windows, although I'm not positive of that. All my Windows computers can connect to one another as can my old Windows Phone. But from Android connections are rare.

Can anyone give me some idea where to look for an answer to this? I'd really like to do it.

By the way my main concern is connecting through Wifi, not through a remote connection, although that might be nice at times too.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote