View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #38
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
I finally have a few minutes to revisit old friends, such as this site! I haven't had much time to do anything more complicated with my KT but use it as a reader, what with house moving and job-changing (again!), but I thought it would be worthwhile just reviewing how the seven months of ownership have gone.
Welcome back. It is always good to hear from someone who actually uses their reader for reading
Quote:

I'm currently running firmware 2.3.1, which is okay, but it has the old problem of displaying the wrong book-cover - not a huge problem, but it has chosen the most boring cover in my collection! Ah well - I only read one book at a time, so I know what it is!
With 2.3.1, if it got the wrong cover, it never seemed to pick up the correct one. But, the problem was usually solved by making sure you returned to the home screen before the device went to sleep after opening a new book.
Quote:
Beyond that, it has been largely problem-free, with the exception of hanging once just when I was settling down to a comfortable read in the bath, requiring a reset and a download of my books again - that has been the extent of my interaction with Calibre, so I'm out of date with developments.
That is just proof that all gadgets are actually sentient an know when to fail to cause the most troubl.

No idea what calibre you are using, but the recent changes have been about series support and fiddling with covers and the Kobo collections (Read, Recommendations etc).
Quote:
Battery life is good, especially since I have stopped annotating and just got on with reading! Three to four weeks is about the length of time it will go before shutting down and telling me to recharge - why isn't there an earlier warning than that!!

Overall, I'm delighted with it. I sometimes wish I had a Glo when my wife wants to sleep and I am still awake (if there are any clip-on lights that don't have a huge amount of spill I haven't found them yet),
I can't imagine using a clip-on after using the Glo's light. I think you need to leave pictures of the Glo lying around where your wife will see them. Hopefully she will take the hint. Though my wife's reaction would more likely be "That's nice, I'd like one for my birthday".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote