View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Love the PB360! A few questions...

OK – I already love this thing. I am well on my way to becoming a full-fledged cult member (am considering selling all my other readers). I do have a few questions though:
  • Does fbreader not support hyperlinks? I like using the NYT calibre recipe and the articles are all hyperlinked. It’s fine, because I can navigate just as easily via the TOC, but I’m just curious
  • Is there a future firmware update that could possibly shorten the amount of time it takes for the PB360 to open a book? This is my only minor annoyance with this unit. It takes a full 20-30 seconds to open a book – not just the first time, but every time. So is this something that is potentially fixable, or is it something inherent to the way this reader is designed?
  • Is there an option in fbreader to report epub page numbers rather than ‘screenfuls’? I like the idea that the numbers of pages in the book is fixed regardless of font size, etc. As it is in fbreader, every screenful of text is counted as a page and recalculated whenever I resize or change fonts.

Thanks!
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote