View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 11:22 AM   #36
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by elborak View Post
It was already relatively easy to jailbreak 5.6.5 by simply connecting to the serial port, so I don't think a software jailbreak increases the likelihood of decoding the format by any significant amount. It might allow a few more people to contribute who might not be willing to hardware hack, but I doubt that it will make much difference in the long run.

Given that they know that there are intact serial port pads on many (all?) 5.6.5 devices, I seriously doubt they were relying on the lack of a jailbreak to protect the format.
Fair point. I hadn't thought of that. I wonder to what extent reverse-engineering the reading software will aid hackers to decrypt kfx, if at all. But if you can read / decompile the source...
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote