View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 01:24 PM   #1
Jason90
Addict
Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Kobo forma screen flickering/pwm issues

Well i have some very bad news for people who wish to purchase the forma and are sensitive to screen flicker/pwm (pulse width modulation)

Got my device today, however after coming across this video i decided to do the same and also noticed my forma flickering.

Here's my kobo: https://youtu.be/B8Oc3FcizyY

It does this on all brightness levels except with brightness and natural light both at 100%,i.e when all the leds are on.

This is PWM (Pulse width modulation) which is the worst culprit of eye fatigue and headaches ,totally beats the point of an ereader!

Kobo have really screwed up here as the design of the device itself is the best of any ereader i have purchased in the past and i'm quite saddened by this!

A part of me really wants to keep it but as i do alot of reading at night i can't keep the device at 100% brightness so it's going back i'm afriad.

I've added a poll to let other owners report this issue and if it bothers them or not.

Last edited by Jason90; 10-31-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Jason90 is offline   Reply With Quote