View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 04:47 PM   #21
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Do you think finding out that the grass is NOT always greener over the septic tank had anything to do with her death? I've found the embarrassment due to incomplete research can sap one's will to live.
I know (I think) that you're joking, but given her upbeat personality, I think that it wouldn't have fazed her a bit.

Besides, she probably knew that the grass doesn't grow greener over the septic tank. If she had anything to do with giving the title to the book (and, I assume, a chapter in the book by that name), she knew that "over the septic tank" would have better euphony than having "over the field lines over the septic tank."

I think that I have all of Bombeck's books. I haven't--yet--done much reading in them. I do know that not all of what she wrote was humorous. There was this one piece that she wrote with the frequent lines, "and they will." It's about how a parent tells their children to be quiet, don't dirty up things, etc. The last part of the piece ends with "and they will"--they will do quit doing those things around the house that annoyed the parent, after they've grown up and left the home, but the parent will miss those days. A really emotionally-moving piece; every young parent ought to read it. Unfortunately, I don't know/remember which one of her many books that that piece is in, and her books are scattered all over my house (bought in dead-tree form before the ebook days), in unbeknownst places, to where I can't easily find them.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-24-2017 at 05:02 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote