View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 06:45 AM   #6
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
I think at the moment, they are trying to keep down the proliferation of new device based forums while they reorganize the forums. I recently suggested a new forum for the Jetbook (and at the moment there is no forum dedicated to it or its clones). I think in the future, they might be dividing the forums by major families of devices with dedicated sub forums for specific devices. I.e. There might be a Sony PRS forum with a 505 and a 700 dedicated forum...

--
Bill
I understand the problem, and probably agree as it gets out of hand and makes using the forum, especially for newbies, really tough. I figure the easiest optin at the moment is just to add the Hanlin V3 variants to the forum title, meaning no new forums, sub-forums or anything else, other than the name change.

When they do the re-org, it may be that the readers remain grouped by hardware type, or it may be sorted some other way.

Of course, it's not that bad at the moment, as a search for "BeBook" brings up most of the relevant threads. But sometimes people like to browse and see what's around, and having BeBook in the thread title is enough to catch someone's eye and perhaps get them to read few threads they masy otherwise miss.

Anyway, let's see what heppens!
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote