View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 11:47 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
For 30 years I got PCs and eventually laptops for free. Small offices upgrading and trusting me to wipe the HDDs.
I think that ended about 4 or 5 years ago.

I'll make a post if I see any similar bargain this side of the "pond". The best thing about a laptop for a writer, programmer or engineer isn't the portability, but the built in battery for power cuts. So my cheap S/H Dell 7030 and its bought new 23″ 4K screen has a UPS under the desk.

The switch, router, fibre modem and attic "server" also has a UPS.

We are looking at multiple 24V batteries (each 2 x 12) and solar panels with the optimal chargers. Most solar systems sold here have no batteries and sell to the grid. So you have nothing if the grid goes down. I hope a wider war isn't coming, however a bad storm or severe solar flare can create havoc.

Thanks for the info, though I personally have too many PCs, ereaders etc.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote