View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 07:14 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Great value if you are in the USA.
I should have mentioned something about "in the USA." But I got the idea reading the following...

https://www.parkytowers.me.uk/thin/w...60/linux.shtml

Quote:
After all the hassle of updating the BIOS, the installation of a modern operating system was a breeze. So far I have tried Linux Mint 21, Ubuntu 22.04, Pop!_OS 22.04 and Debian 11.5 (Debian needed secure boot disabling to run the live media). I also installed a 2019 version of Windows 10 LTS. All systems have worked surprisingly well despite the modest hardware and I have absolutely no complaints.

I settled on Linux Mint 21 which took up around a quarter of the 64gb flash drive installed. It takes 30 seconds from power on to fully booted and works so well I'm now donating my Wyse 5060 to my father in-law who needed an upgrade. He only uses his computer for email/internet/word processing and this device does all of those things effortlessly. Not bad for £30 delivered.
...so apparently they sometimes show up cheap in Great Britain as well.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote