View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 10:11 AM   #3
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
If your "publisher" can't handle footnotes, find a formatter who can, and fer gosh sake don't allow anyone to upload your book to the KDP (or Kobo or Apple or B&N or any other online store).

While traditional publishers can employ "Real Page Numbers," I am pretty sure that self-pubbers cannot. I did read a couple of ebooks recently that had page numbers manually inserted into the text (one was a PDF review copy, the other a Guttenberg Project reprise of a public domain translation. I wouldn't advise your doing that. It didn't bother me, but I can imagine its bothering some readers.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote