View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 10:48 PM   #648
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If that results in having two threads for the same plugin - then what?

200%

I think we need to come up with a process that allows someone to take over responsibility for an existing plugin that results in them having ownership of the plugin thread.

It would probably require the new owner to create a new thread with a false name, copy the content of the first post of the old thread into the new thread along with a link to the old thread. And then coordinating with a mod to have the old thread retitled (e.g. by appending " - Old"), the new thread given its correct title, updating the index, closing the old thread after posting a link to the new thread.

This would not apply to plugin threads on 'life-support' only.
That is exactly what I intended. And it is what was done when I took over the Annotations plugin from GKRiker. I have considered talking to kiwidude about a couple of his plugins, I but haven't needed to make enough changes to bother. And I never think of it until after I have released the change.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote