View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 03:37 PM   #46
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Just for your information, on Kobo Touch under FW 3.15.0, nickel does not message anything specific when entering standby.
Yes, the messages are gone in 3.15 for some reason. Instead it's showing some error messages (on the H2O, for me anyway), such as QWidget "infoContainer" has no property "spacing". And I simply use this message as well now, kind of a hack.

Not sure how else to track the standby state. Nickel does some fancy things when entering standby, such as reading the first sector of /dev/mmc0p3 using dd and removing some modules with rmmod, but I'm loath to hook into those for standby detection.

It doesn't seem to trigger any udev events either. Not sure how this standby of the Kobo actually works...
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote