View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 07:57 PM   #43
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Dale, generally I thought you gave a good response, but just a point: when HarryT mentioned the lack of condemnation of magic in the Moses story, I believe he was referring to the acts of the other magicians at the Pharaoh's court. Presumably the other magicians did not have access to miracles, but were using some other form of power which was demonstrated to be inferior to the miracles Moses produced, but was not described as being inherently evil.

Though I suppose the other magicians could have been using trickery and sleight of hand.
Bob Brier in his Teaching Comapny course about ancient Egypt ( http://www.teach12.com/ttcx/CourseDe...and%20Medieval ) mentions that he found a "magician" in Egypt and asked him to show the trick with the snake, and others described in the Bible. The magician knew what tricks those were and was able to show them.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote