View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 10:16 AM   #33
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You've lost me slightly there. I don't recall any mention whatsoever of religion in Harry Potter - or is it that which is perceived to be the problem?
I don't believe any of this but here it is:

Many conservative Christians believe that all magic is evil because it originates from Satan. Even magic used for good is inherently evil because the source is evil. That's why there was/is a movement to remove the HP books from libraries. This also applies to LOTR and Star Wars. Interestingly, some of these same people don't think twice about going to Disney World or watching Disney cartoons/movies that contain magic.

One parent in particular at my daughter's school used her parental prerogative to forbid her son from checking out any books containing horror or magic themes. She also tried to get many of these books pulled but was unsuccessful.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote